With some comparisons to the Agni Yoga Teachings by Helena Roerich
The books of DK and AAB are called the Blue Books. Eighteen of them are written by the Tibetan collaborating with AAB; five are written by AAB herself. One book, The Light of the Soul, which is an exegesis of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, was a shared effort in a different way; the Tibetan Master provided a translation of the ancient aphorisms, and AAB, on her own, provided commentary.
In the book, Initiation Human and Solar (one of DKs first books with AAB1922), the following selection describes Master DK. In that same selection is described Master Morya. I think it should be of interest to AY (Agni Yoga) students to see how students of AAB see these two Masters. Of course there are many references to Them, and for those who are interested, a complete compilation of Master M. could be prepared, and of course on Master DK Just let me know and I will be happy to provide.
Short Selection Describing Master Djwhal Khul: The Master Djwhal Khul, or the Master D. K. as He is frequently called, is another adept on the second Ray of Love-Wisdom. He is the latest of the adepts taking initiation, having taken the fifth initiation in 1875, and is therefore occupying the same body in which He took the initiation, most of the other Masters having taken the fifth initiation whilst occupying earlier vehicles. His body is not a young one, and He is a Tibetan. He is very devoted to the Master K. H. and occupies a little house not far distant from the larger one of the Master, and from His willingness to serve and to do anything that has to be done, He has been called “the Messenger of the Masters.” He is profoundly learned, and knows more about the rays and planetary Hierarchies of the solar system than anyone else in the ranks of the Masters.
He works with those who heal, and co-operates unknown and unseen with the seekers after truth in the world’s great laboratories, with all who definitely aim at the healing and solacing of the world, and with the great philanthropic world movements [Page 58] such as the Red Cross. He occupies Himself with various pupils of different Masters who can profit by His instruction, and within the last ten years has relieved both the Master M. and the Master K. H. of a good deal of Their teaching work, taking over from Them for certain stated times some of Their pupils and disciples. He works largely, too, with certain groups of the devas of the ethers, who are the healing devas, and who thus collaborate with Him in the work of healing some of the physical ills of humanity. He it was Who dictated a large part of that momentous book The Secret Doctrine, and Who showed to H. P. Blavatsky many of the pictures, and gave her much of the data that is to be found in that book. (IHS 58-59)
Please note the section immediately above which describes our understanding of the way in which DK cooperated closely with HPB in the preparation of that book which all of us in the AY and AAB Traditions valueThe Secret Doctrine.
Below is one further reference: an Extract from a Statement by the Tibetan in 1934. It tells much of the DKs attitude towards Masters M. K.H., Himself and His students. It also expresses the tolerance and open-mindedness which are characteristic of a Master upon the second ray of Love-Wisdom:
Suffice it to say, that I am a Tibetan disciple of a certain degree, and this tells you but little, for all are disciples from the humblest aspirant up to, and beyond, the Christ Himself. I live in a physical body like other men, on the borders of Tibet, and at times (from the exoteric standpoint) preside over a large group of Tibetan lamas, when my other duties permit. It is this fact that has caused it to be reported that I am an abbot of this particular lamasery. Those associated with me in the work of the Hierarchy (and all true disciples are associated in this work) know me by still another name and office. A.A.B. knows who I am and recognises me by two of my names.
I am a brother of yours, who has travelled a little longer upon the Path than has the average student, and has therefore incurred greater responsibilities. I am one who has wrestled and fought his way into a greater measure of light than has the aspirant who will read this article, and I must therefore act as a transmitter of the light, no matter what the cost. I am not an old man, as age counts among the teachers, yet I am not young or inexperienced. My work is to teach and spread the knowledge of the Ageless Wisdom wherever I can find a response, and I have been doing this for many years. I seek also to help the Master M. and the Master K.H. whenever opportunity offers, for I have been long connected with Them and with Their work. In all the above, I have told you much; yet at the same time I have told you nothing which would lead you to offer me that blind obedience and the foolish devotion which the emotional aspirant offers to the Guru and Master Whom he is as yet unable to contact. Nor will he make that desired contact until he has transmuted emotional devotion into unselfish service to humanitynot to the Master.
The books that I have written are sent out with no claim for their acceptance. They may, or may not, be correct, true and useful. It is for you to ascertain their truth by right practice and by the exercise of the intuition. Neither I nor A.A.B. is the least interested in having them acclaimed as inspired writings, or in having anyone speak of them (with bated breath) as being the work of one of the Masters. If they present truth in such a way that it follows sequentially upon that already offered in the world teachings, if the information given raises the aspiration and the will-to-serve from the plane of the emotions to that of the mind (the plane whereon the Masters can be found) then they will have served their purpose. If the teaching conveyed calls forth a response from the illumined mind of the worker in the world, and brings a flashing forth of his intuition, then let that teaching be accepted. But not otherwise. If the statements meet with eventual corroboration, or are deemed true under the test of the Law of Correspondences, then that is well and good. But should this not be so, let not the student accept what is said.”
Short Selection Describing Master Morya: The Master Morya, Who is one of the best known of the Eastern adepts, and Who numbers amongst His pupils a large number of Europeans and Americans, is a Rajput Prince, and for many decades held an authoritative position in Indian affairs.
He works in close co-operation with the Manu, and will Himself eventually hold office as the Manu of the sixth root-race. He dwells, as does His Brother, the Master K. H., at Shigatse in the Himalayas, and is a well-known figure to the inhabitants of that far-away village. He is a man of tall and commanding presence, dark hair and beard and dark eyes, and might be considered stern were it not for the expression that lies in His eyes. He and His Brother, the Master K. H., work almost as a unit, and have done so for many centuries and will, on into the future, for the Master K. H. is in line for the office of World Teacher when the present holder of that office vacates it for higher work, and the sixth root-race comes into being. The houses in which They both dwell are close together, and much of Their time is spent in the closest association. As the Master M. is upon the first Ray, that of Will or Power, His work largely concerns itself with the carrying out of the plans of the present Manu. He acts as the Inspirer of the statesmen of the world, He manipulates forces, through the Mahachohan, that will bring about the conditions desired for the furthering of racial evolution. On the physical plane those great national executives who have far vision and the international ideal are influenced by Him, and with Him co-operate certain of the great devas of the mental plane, and three great groups of angels work with Him on mental levels, in connection with the lesser devas who vitalise thoughtforms, and thus keep alive the thoughtforms of the Guides of the race for the benefit of the whole of humanity.
The Master M. has a large body of pupils under His instruction, and works in connection with many organisations of an esoteric and occult kind, as well as through the politicians and statesmen of the world. (IHS 54-55)
I thought these selections might be helpful as a starting point. They show, from the perspective of the AAB student, (at least in part) the spheres of influence of these two Masters, and the fact (from our point of view) of their close cooperation.
Since it is sometimes asserted that Alice Bailey was simply a medium (a type of usually mindless communication of which our Teaching also has not much good to say), I would like to include a reference which tells, in DKs words how He began to work with AAB, and what was their modus operandi.
“In 1919, during the month of November, I made a contact with A.A.B. (Alice A. Bailey) and asked her to do some writing for me and also to undertake the publishing of certain books whichunder the sequential giving out of truthwere due to appear. She refused immediately, having no sympathy with the flood of so-called occult literature being passed out to the public by the various occult groups, having no experience in writing for the public, and having also a profound dislike of every form of psychic writing and of psychic work. Later she changed her mind when I explained to her that telepathic rapport was a proven thing and a matter of scientific interest, that she was not either clair-audient or clairvoyant and never would be and that (above all) the test of truth was the truth itself. I told her that if she would write for a period of a month, the material transcribed would prove to her whether it contained truth, whether it evoked intuitive understanding and recognition and whether it had in it that which might be of value in the new spiritual era which was impending. She, therefore, overcame her disgust of this type of work and of the many occult presentations of truth which were prevalent. She only stipulated that the writing should go out with no claims whatsoever and that the teachings should stand or fall on their own merits.” (From the Pamphlet, My Work, by the Tibetan)
Elsewhere we learned that AAB, a number of lives before, had been a young disciple of DKs, and had developed a facility of rapport with him at that time, which made their telepathic work together possible in the 20th century.
1. What are the 5 most important objectives of the AAB movement?
2. What are the 5 most important activities within the AAB movement to advance these objectives?
3. What are the 5 greatest achievements of the AAB movement to date?
Although it is best the take DK at His own words, I might just provide a little commentary (between the lines) as a slight elaboration. Also, I would like to include the fuller quotation. These are the Tibetans words from The Rays and the Initiation beginning p. 251. I will also provide a brief indication concerning any move towards fulfillment of these objectives (within the limitations of my understanding).
What are some of these newer truths for which I am responsible as transmitting agent to the world of occult students? Let me briefly state them in the order of their relative importance:
1. The Teaching on Shamballa.
Little has ever been given on this subject. Only the name was known. This teaching includes:
a. Information as to the nature of the will aspect.
b. Indications as to the underlying purposes of Sanat Kumara.
c. Directions as to the building of the antahkarana, which is the first step towards achieving monadic consciousness, and thus the first step towards the Way of the Higher Evolution.
1. Although our two Teachers spell it differently, Shamballa is considered in both Traditions to be of the utmost importance. From the DK Teaching, it is the highest Center or chakra on our planetthe Center Where the Will of God is Known. It corresponds to the monadic or spirit aspect of the human being.
2. We understand that one of the next very important developments in the spiritualizing of humanity is the development of the will aspect of the human beingthat which corresponds to the monad and to the First Ray of Will or Power. The will aspect always serves the greatest Ray upon our planet and within our solar systemthe Second Ray of Love-Wisdom. God is Love.
3. The King of Shamballa known by so many namesThe Ancient of Days, The Great Sacrifice, The One Initiator, The Lord of the World, The Youth of Endless Summers, Melchizedek, etc., is considered the Great Savior of this planet. HPB talks about Him extensively in The Secret Doctrine. It is His Will which works through Shamballa, and that Will reflects the Will of the Solar Logosthe God of Love for our solar system. Understanding something increasingly real about this Great Being is considered very important in the Bailey Tradition. I think you call this Being by the name Rigden Japoat least that is how I remember it.
4. The building of the antahkarana or Rainbow Bridge is considered a frontier in the process of expanding human sensitivity through meditation. HPB talks about this Bridge of Light or Inner Organ. It is part of the Eastern Tradition. Its building leads the disciple towards communion with the spirit or monad, and thence to higher levels of evolution beyond that of this planet on the Way of Higher Evolution in relation to which nirvana is considered but the beginning.
5. So this first teaching of the Tibetan in intended to connect the spiritual vanguard of humanity (and eventually, as evolution proceeds, all of humanity) with the highest aspect of divinity within themselves. If successful Gods Will (to use the old terminology) will be done on Eartheventually.
6. Movement towards Fulfillment: We are just learning about the will aspect of divinity. It is a frontier. At the same time we are studying what I would call the curriculum of love, which certainly is not fulfilled.
2. The Teaching on the New Discipleship.
This has been revolutionary where the older schools of occultism are concerned. The teaching includes:
a. A presentation of the new attitude of the Masters to Their disciples, due to the rapid unfoldment of the mind principle and the growth of the principle of “free will.” This changed technique negates the old attitudes, such as that portrayed in the Theosophical literature, and it was a recognition of the difficulties of correcting the wrong impression given which prompted H.P.B. in one of her communications to the Esoteric Section of her day, to regret ever having mentioned Their names. That earlier presentation was useful but has now served its purpose. Unless the schools based on the old methods change their techniques and their approach to truth, they will disappear.
b. Information as to the constitution of the Hierarchy and of the various Ashrams of which it is composed. I have presented the Hierarchy as the Ashram of Sanat Kumara in its sevenfold form, thus linking will and love.
c. A presentation of the newer type of meditations, with its emphasis upon visualisation and the use of the creative imagination; I have presented a system of meditation which has eliminated the attention paid hitherto to personal problems and the intense earlier focus on the relation of the disciple and the Master. The keynote of group fusion and of service underlies the newer form of meditation, and not this powerful emphasis upon the personal relation of the disciple to the Master and the achievement of the individual aspirant. This was degenerating into a form of spiritual selfishness and separateness. (R&I 251-252)
1. While in many sections of the Teaching, DK values the attitude of devotion as an inherent quality of the soul and monad of the human being, He, like the Buddha in His Last Sermon, wants the modern disciple to rely more upon himself and his contact with his own soulconsidered to be the First Master. HPB called the soul (Solar Angel or, in HPBs words, an Agnishvatta) a returning nirvanis from a previous Mahamanvantara.
As we know, the Sons of Mind or the incarnating jivas are the returning nirvanis of a previous logoic incarnation. (A Treatise on Cosmic Fire 1125)
These Solar Angels, Sons of Mind, Agnishvattas (many are the names) once were human beings, and now help raise human beings into the Kingdom of the Soul, the Fifth Kingdom. Occult meditation puts us in touch with their great love and wisdom. They are called Hearts of Fiery Love.
So, in the AAB Teaching, the best way to meet the Master (such as DK, KH or M) is to first come en rapport with our own Higher Self, which raises our vibration to the point where we can contact our own Master/Guru.
2. In the DK Teaching, the inner Ashrams are all subtle spiritual centers colored by different ray energies. Each Master has His Ashram, and that Ashram will vibrate to His note, which is essentially a note on one of the seven rays. The DK material is full of detailed information on the strenuous requirements for ashramic participation. Conscious treading of the Path of Discipleship is considered the real beginning of the process, following upon the Path of Aspirationor Probationary Path (about which Theosophy has much to say). Much about the Path can be found also in Theosophical literature, but DK has expanded upon it considerably, and rendered it more modern, and I think, mature.
3. In the newer types of meditation, DK tries to take us away from spiritual selfishness and focusses our mind upon higher supra-personal contacts, creativity and service to humanity.
4. The concept of the group is very important in the New Discipleship. We strive to prepare our personalities so that they may develop group consciousness characterized by love, selflessness, impersonality, and cooperation with the Greater Willthe Will of the Soul, the Will of the Master, the Will of Sanat Kumara and finally the Will of the Planetary Logos. These would be progressive attainments. Eventually, the Will of the Solar God of Love will have to be brought to fulfillment. That will not occur for a long time.
5. Movement Toward Fulfillment: The Arcane School founded in 1922, is a School for Discipleship Training. The student, over a number of years, is led through an intensive course of preparation for real discipleship, the success of which is proven by the students selfless service to humanity.
There are many offshoots of the Arcane School: a few are Meditation Mount, Arcana Workshops, the School for Esoteric Studies, the University of the Seven Rays (combined with studies in Agni Yoga), the Aquarian Educational Group (combined with much Agni Yoga), various of the New Esoteric Schools Groupsreally, many, I cannot name all the names, so please forgive me if I have left out important ones.
All these study and attempt to apply the New Discipleship and some have been doing to for many years.
3. The Teaching on the Seven Rays.
The fact of the seven rays was well known to the heads of the Theosophical Society, was mentioned very abstractly and vaguely in The Secret Doctrine, and formed in an elementary form some of the teaching given in the Esoteric Section; the names of the rays were given, and some information as to their qualities, and the Masters on the rays, was imparted but not much else. I have given out much information upon the subject and have endeavoured to show the importance of this teaching from the psychological angle, because the new psychology is in the making. If esoteric teaching is eventually to be public in its presentation, it will be given out along the lines of psychology because esoteric teaching in its fullest and deepest sense concerns the consciousness aspect of man and God. (R&I 252)
1. The Tibetan teaches that if the Ageless Wisdom is ever to reach the public in a larger and more useful way, it will be through the Science of Psychology based principally upon the Science of the Seven Rays. Everybody has their own psychological issues to solve and right human relations are a great concern to many thinking people today. A study of the rays is revelatory of human psychology (and much else besides). I believe, with the Tibetan, that it gives the key to the New Psychology, in which the soul aspect will finally be regarded as vital to human understanding. The New Psychology is moving rapidly in this direction.
2. We sometimes call the study of the Rays, The Language of Energy. The new esoteric astrology is intimately related to this ray study. The use of the rays is one of the best ways to understand the relationship between the macrocosm and the microcosm, in a fair amount of scientific detail. The human being is considered a living energy system, and we want to know which energies we are dealing with. This study fits very well with the coming revelations of science, but also is intimately related to human vocational guidancefinding out where one fits within the Divine Plan and Purpose.
3. An understanding and conscious expression of the rays lead, in my opinion, to fulfilment for the human being, the group and the larger whole.
4. Movement Towards Fulfillment: There are many students of the Seven Rays. This has also been the main thrust of my own personal work, and my book Tapestry of the Gods is meant to help develop this science. The University of the Seven Rays and the Seven Ray Institute were founded to develop the new Esoteric Psychology through a study of the rays, esoteric astrology, and chakra systems. Many books now appear on this subject. Along the practical line, some fifteen years ago, with a number of colleagues I devised a Ray Questionnaire (now revised and improved) to help people determine their ray formula. This test has been taken by perhaps 3000 people, maybe more, and helps people get a more objective look at their subtle energy system.
There are many students and practitioners using the seven ray system, and a number of modern psychologists are including this science in their practice. I would say that this aspect of DK work is under strong development, and will lead to a greater understanding of the human being and his/her relationship to the wider environment (both inner and outer).
4. The Teaching on the new Astrology.
This teaching too has gone out to a few hundred students before its publication in book form. This new astrology has been hitherto ignored by those astrologers who have read it and (with the exception of four astrologers who have deeply appreciated it but who wish I would be more explicit) see little in it. I have given enough, could the open-minded astrologer but realise, to establish the coming astrology on a firm basis; the accuracy of what I have given will in the course of time he ascertained when astrologers who are dealing with the horoscopes of advanced people and disciples will use the esoteric planets as given by me, and not the orthodox planets as usually used. The accuracy of their deductions will necessarily depend upon their own point of development and also upon their ability to recognise an advanced person, a disciple or an initiate when they meet him and undertake to cast his horoscope. If they are themselves advanced disciples, they may have a tendency to set too rigid a standard for those seeking astrological deduction, and thus fail to recognise a disciple; if they are not advanced, they may regard people as advanced who are far from being even true aspirants. In either case then the horoscope may prove inaccurate. It is of no use to use the esoteric planets in relation to the average man. (R&I 252-253)
1. Djwhal Khul is considered among the Masters an expert in the study of ray and astrological energies. His work in this field is revolutionary, but really part of a continuing development of the Science of Astrology.
2. Above all, He is attempting to present the type of astrology which will allow modern astrologers to develop the Astrology of the Soul. This type of astrology will help the human being evolve spiritually, and will bring the idea of life purpose and its fulfillment into astrological consideration. Every life cycle sees us born with a new set of astrological (and, to a degree) ray energies. How shall we use these energies to serve the Ashram, the Master and above all, Humanity? Esoteric Astrology will help us answer these questions.
3. There are many fine esoteric astrologers in the world today. It is a growing and very useful science and art.
4. Movement Toward Fulfillment: This work is developing nicely, with excellent material being produced by several authors of whom I am aware. Let there be happier times so that their work may be offered to those who may be interested (and I do not mean on this Forumbut there is a treasure in what they have written).
All over the world there are classes in esoteric astrology. Research is underway, and the psychological and cosmological implications of this great science/art are being developed.
It should be noted that the Lucis Trust is certainly not the sole custodian of the Bailey Tradition though it is of foundational and continuing importance. The ideas presented by DK have spread widely and many are undertaking the development of aspects of His work for which the Trust has no time. They cannot do everything and are happy to see the work spreading to others with more specialized interests. The University of the Seven Rays has also made Esoteric Astrology one of its main foci.
5. Information about the New Group of World Servers and their work.
This information includes:
a. The recognition of this group as intermediate between the Hierarchy and Humanity.
b. The nature of their work as it influences the human soul and as it seeks through the instrumentality of the men and women of goodwill to determine the period in which we live.
c. The Triangle work which embodies two phases of their work, i.e., the forming of the network of light as the channel of communication between the Hierarchy and Humanity, and the forming simultaneously of the network of goodwill, which is the objective expression of the subjective influence of light. Ponder on this statement. (R&I 253)
1. This is such an important aspect of the work, but it is impossible to do it any justice in these briefest of descriptions.
2. To use the language of the chakras, the NGWS is considered the ajna center of planet, just as humanity is considered the throat center and the Hierarchy the heart center. Shamballa/Shambhala, of course, would be considered the all-inclusive head center. So we can see why the Tibetan considers the NGWS to be a intermediate between Hierarchy and Humanity.
3. The ajna center directs, guides and shows the way, casting a beam of light forward so that men and women of goodwill can see the way ahead.
4. It is vital to realize that there is no outer organization connected with the NGWS. It is a completely subjective organism, based upon soul relations, share humanitarian ideals, a spirit of acceptance and non-criticism, and focussed service to humanity. People do not join this inner group. They qualify by the loving, illumined and spiritually willing nature of their auric emanation. Their one purpose is to serve humanity, and they are certainly to function by the AY Teachings injunction: By Thy God. Their purpose is entirely benevolent, and they certainly seek no converts. No one faith, creed, religion, philosophy, or political persuasion binds them togetheronly the love, light and will of the soul as they are directed towards the upliftment of humanity. We can see how different is the reality from the occasional false images of this group which have emerged for discussion.
5. The work of the Men and Women of Goodwill, is a related work, undertaken by the Lucis Trust. The attempt is to stimulate Goodwill in the world. Goodwill is considered, Love in Action. This is all very freeform, and Goodwill Units of Service appear here and there in order to spread practical, loving action in their local environments.
6. The work of the Triangles is very important and as DK tells us, close to my heart. The idea is to link men and women of goodwill in two types of imagined trianglestriangles of light, and triangles of goodwill. Three people do this workthinking outwardly to each other in light and love. It just takes a few minutes every day. Its purpose is to reorganize the etheric network of the planet from a system of squares into a system of triangles reflective of the higher energies of the soul (and eventually spirit). It is part of the subjective redemption of humanity through light and love. This is really for the DK people, very important work.
7. Often, when people do the Triangles work, they say inwardly or outwardly the Great Invocation (which is one of the oldest and most powerful Mantrams in the annals of Shamballa/Shambhalarecently released because the time is considered right). The use of the Great Invocation we are told, helps prepare the way for the Externalization of the Spiritual Hierarchy and the Reappearance of the Maitreya/Christ/Krishna/Messiah/Imam Madhi/World Teacher. The Great invocation is the Tibetans translation of very old symbols in the ideographic Senzar language. Probably there is no way to translate its full potency into any modern language, but He is said to have been very happy with the results. When using the Great Invocation with certain different traditions, some changes in words are permissibleas the modern Jew may respond negatively to the word, Christ, so the word Messiah can be used. It is the idea behind the whole which counts.
8. Movement Towards Fulfillment: Well, these practical activities are some of the main service work done by the Lucis Trust and its affiliates all over the world. This is how the AAB people serveprincipally: through Goodwill Units of Service and through the subjective work of Triangles. The Lucis Trust has been promoting all this for over seventy years, and there are many Units of Service in many countries. As well, the number of people using the Triangles method number in the many thousands. Who can count them?
6. The attempt to form an exoteric branch of the inner Ashrams.
This is evidenced in the work I have done with a special group of aspirants and accepted disciples whose instructions, emanating from my Ashram, have been embodied in the book Discipleship in the New Age (Vols. I and II). (R&I 253-254)
1. This was an amazing experiment, which succeeded in one way and failed (temporarily) in another.
2. We are left with the result of it in the books Discipleship in the New Age, Vols. I and II.
3. The Tibetan selected about 40-50 students over the years of the early thirties, and formed them into Groups of Nine to study and develop practical skill in such disciplines as Telepathy, the Dissipation of Glamor, Magnetic and Radiatory Healing, Education, Politics, etc. He discontinued that experiment in the late 30s because the response of the students was not what He had hoped. Then He began another with a group of 24, and this continued until 1946. During this time He also sought to begin a small externalization of His Ashram in New York City.
4. All these students received personal instruction from Him through Alice Baileyevery six months, and (during the very busy stressful years of WWII, when all the Master including DK were fighting so hard to save humanity)perhaps every year. The letters can be read in the two volumes of Discipleship in the New Age. Also, there is so much about the New Discipleship in these volumes. It is explained very well and beautifully and never fails to inspireat least that is the experience of many.
5. These people really received some extraordinary training. After having them work with trying to understand their rays by themselves, DK told them what they were. Often people were very far from his assessment. Many of their problems and potentials in growth and service are detailed in these letters, and we get to see examples of the New Discipleship in Actionsuccesses and failures, seen as objectively as possible.
6. Movement Toward Fulfillment: This experiment was discontinued. If it had fulfilled DKs expectations it might have been continued after AABs death in 1949, but He disbanded the groupssaying that this work had resulted in many individual spiritual successes but not the group success He had hoped for. Throughout the world there are groups which seek to work with DKs Ten Seed Groups. I listed five of them above, but for convenience will repeat. The ten are: Telepathy, the Dissipation of Glamor, Magnetic and Radiatory Healing, Education, Politics The New World Religion, Science, Psychology, Economics, Creative Manifestation.
Meditation Mount has done a lot with study and meditation along these lines, and so has the University of the Seven Rays. Its curriculum is very largely based on these ten groups, with some synthetic studies combining several of them.
7. Teaching upon the new world religion, with its emphasis upon the three major Full Moon periods (Aries, Taurus, Gemini, falling usually in April, May and June respectively) and the nine (occasionally ten) minor Full Moons each year. This leads to a consequent relation being established between the work of the Christ and of the Buddha in the minds of spiritually inclined people everywhere, with the result of a great broadening of the human aspiration. This work is as yet embryonic, but it should receive increasing attention. Eventually it will demonstrate as the main linking unit between the East and the West, particularly if Shri Krishna is shown to be an earlier incarnation of the Lord of Love, the Christ. Thereby three major world religionsthe Christian, the Hindu and the Buddhistwill be intimately related, whilst the Mahommedan faith will be found to be linked to the Christian faith because it embodies the work of the Master Jesus as He overshadowed one of His senior disciples, a very advanced initiate, Mahomet.
1. What is said above is very important, though we see that this work is seventh in order of importance.
2. No one knows what the New World Religion will be, but we do know that it will be universal, and that the influence of Maitreya/Christ will be potent. Probably it will be a blend of many Faiths, combined with a much greater knowledge of subtle energy.
3. In a way, Invocation and Evocation is the basis of a new and cyclic approach to Divinity. A knowledge of the times and seasons, of astrological cycles and ray cycles, is very helpful, as the rays and astrology are considered the building blocks of character, and determine the major energy qualities which humanity has at its disposal for improving the human condition.
4. As you can see many of the great Faiths are linked to each other through the Masters and high initiates Who founded themat least from the perspective of the DK Tradition.
5. Christ/Krishna/Messiah/Imam Madhi/Maitreyathese terms denote the World Teacher and the Head of the Spiritual Hierarchy as we see it. Nothing Christian about it at all. It is a universal approach based on subtle energy, and is a thing for the future during the Aquarian Age when the study of energy will be much more sophisticated than it is now.
6. It should be realized that this New World Religion will be a religion of Love having nothing to do with conversion, pressure, coercion, etc. It is all about people uniting in soul to receive higher energies and distribute them in practical service. It is all about work for the Common Weal in the AY Teaching.
7. Movement Toward Fulfillment: In many, many countries, the Full Moon Meditations are held at the time of each monthly full moon. Really the Moon has nothing to do with it. These are solar Festivals, and it is Sun Power (soul power) we seek to contact. Lately we have been calling these Festivals, Solar Fire Festivals, to indicate the importance of the fire of the heart to be received and blended with the zodiacal sign in power at that time.
Developments along these lines are very far advanced. Little groups and big groups around the world honor these rhythmsall for the welfare of humanity and the inspiration of those who attend. These events heighten ones will-to-serve and ones capacity to serve.
8. The most important Festivals are Easter, Wesak and Christs Festival (the Festival of Goodwill) at the Aries, Taurus and Gemini Full Moons respectively. These are high points of spiritual contact for everyone. We will all feel these energies, whether or not we go to formal meditations.
Here then, briefly and inadequately, I have given my analysis of the major objectives of DK (taken from His own words) and the activities which are related to these objectives.
As far as the greatest achievements, this would be very difficult to assess, and serious DK students might have different perspectives. I would say:
1. The release of a very illuminating Teaching from the Hierarchy, such that it has beneficently influenced the lives of hundreds of thousands of people all over the world. DK has said that His books are far more widely read that the average student can imagine.
2. The inspiration of thousands to pursue the New Discipleship Training. We have a statement that the esotericist is Self-taught. But we should not take this at face value only, because the Self is the soul and the soul is one with the Master/Guru. Nevertheless, as the Buddha insisted, Self-reliance is foundational.
3. The creation of the global Triangles Network. This of course, is so important, and obviously there is always room for its expansion and the improvement of its quality.
4. The stimulation of Men and Women of Goodwill all over the world. Active goodwill as love in action is the intended result. It could always be better, obviously, and so many of us fail to live up to the goodwill which DK and AAB enjoined upon us. Perhaps from the events of the last two or so weeks, you have gathered the impression that students of Bailey are not people of goodwill. Such is not the case. We all have our moments when we are not as loving and radiantly representative of the Hierarchy as we could be. Who is immune? I can never cast the first stone. We will all improve.
5. The stimulation of Global Esoteric Education projects all over the world. We have begun inaugurating some of the New Esoteric Schools of which DK predicts there will be 14two of them in the USA, and others in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Sweden, Russia Scotland/Wales, Ireland, France, Greece or Syria, Egypt, Italy.
This is a project which will take centuries, but a small beginning is in process. I think this is an achievement but it has a long way to go.
Anyway, these are my opinions, but others, more knowledgeable than I , might differ significantly from my assessment. But it should give you an idea.
Commonalties Between DKs and Ms Teaching (Agni Yoga)
This is perhaps the main point. Some have said that Ms and DKs Teachings are utterly incompatible. If, however, They are both Masters of the Wisdom, which I profoundly believe and know They are, then, although the emphases of Their beautiful Teachings will differ, these Teachings will both serve the Great Truth emanating from Shamballa/Shambhala.
1. Both Teachings work for the Common Good, Common Weal, the welfare of humanity.
2. Both respect the arts and sciences, and the various lines of service which will lead humanity forward. The Banner of Peace suggests this, as do the Ten Seed Groupsten modes of service.
3. Both Traditions honor Shamballa/Shambhala, and the Great Being who there presides: Rigden Japo (is my spelling correct?) or, in our language, the Great Sacrifice, etc. as above. Both Traditions ultimately seek to serve His great and holy Will.
4. Both Traditions seek to work strenuously for the Spiritual Hierarchy of the Planet.
5. Both Traditions believe in the Masters of the Wisdom, work for these Masters, and love these Masters. Both traditions hold Master M and Master DK (and KH) in the highest regard. AY holds DK in esteem. It is just that the thought has been put forward that AAB did not work with the real DK. Of course, AAB students believe she did, and believe they have ample evidence to support this view given the breadth, depth and tremendous heartfelt humanitarianism of the Tibetans teaching and the work that it is intended to inspire. His emphasis in constantly on selfless service.
6. Both Traditions believe in the higher worlds and the need for these higher worlds to pervade the lower strata. They may call these inner and higher worlds by different names, but the worlds are the same.
7. Both Traditions believe that discipleship is no easy thing and requires a lot of work and training. In both cases contact with the Masters is considered of prime importance for continuing progress on this Path of Development.
8. Both Teachings believe in the value of the group. AY calls this Community. DK calls it Group Consciousnessa major step beyond the selfishness of pure individualism (a necessary stage in the developmental process but now to be outlived. Nevertheless, the individuality is retained, fully vibrant and expressive and utilized for the sake of the Greater Whole.
9. Both Traditions fight strenuously against Evil and the Black Lodge which presently is the center of concentrated evil upon our planets. If we could only realize, together, that we have common enemies, perhaps that would bring us closer in comradeship. Your real enemies are our real enemiesthe enemies of Humanity, of Maitreya, and of His Hierarchy.
10. Both Traditions seek that the Great Ones will again work more actively and powerfully among us, and believe that that day is coming. What we will all have to go through to get there is not known, but given our dark opponents it would be better if we were friends than mistaking each other for enemies.
It is my sincere hope that those who have doubted the value and benevolence of the DK/AAB presentation, will see it in a new light. I am not one calling for a dilution of Agni Yoga or a mixing of incompatible elements. But a perspective of wholeness will, I think, make us all stronger, and will show that we are, after all, serving One Spiritual Hierarchy, along the lines of differing energy expressions.
Ultimately we all serve Maitreya, Who, in the DK Teachings, is the Great Leader of the Masters. He represents the growth of Love-Wisdom in the human heart, and the possibility of a truly loving interplay between the members of presently warring humanity. I cannot think that He Whom all the Masters serve, would want us to be fighting with each other, when we could be cooperating and reinforcing the goodness which is in each of our Traditions.
Therefore, For the sake of Maitreya and the glory of His Name, I ask that we be true friends within the Light and Love of Hierarchy.