The Search for Truth in the Matter of Channeled Esoteric Writings (Part I) – Michael D. Robbins (15-6-2016)
The Search for Truth in the Matter of Channeled Esoteric Writings (Part II) – Michael D. Robbins (19-6-16)
The Search for Truth in the Matter of Channeled Esoteric Writings (Part III) – Michael D. Robbins (20-6-16)
The Search for Truth in the Matter of Channeled Esoteric Writings (Part IV) – Michael D. Robbins (21-6-16)
The Search for Truth in the Matter of Channeled Esoteric Writings (Part V) – Michael D. Robbins (27-6-16)
Dear Friends of Humanity and the Ageless Wisdom,
There is no religion higher than Truth. There is no philosophy higher than Truth. There is no teaching higher than Truth. But how do we, as limited human beings, arrive at the Truth, especially regarding planes and states of consciousness which we, as human beings, have not yet experienced?
Why do we believe what we believe? Is it confirmed by the true intuition? That would be the best and, according to Master DK, it is the advice of the Buddha. Or do we believe because that which claims to be true satisfies something personal within us, something related to our lower ego—its safety, its comfort, its pleasure, its satisfaction, even its inflation?
Unfortunately, the latter of these two options is often the one which insidiously prevails, because we harbour motives which are unknown to our conscious mind. This being the case, we are often likely to believe that which has no real truth within it but which is subtly appealing to ourselves. Further, we attempt to convince others that they too, should believe that which we believe. When more and more people believe, it reinforces our own beliefs, despite the fact that these beliefs are on shaky ground.
Many of us are students of esotericism. This means that we are studying many things in regard to which we have no direct experience—nor can we at this time, as the ability to corroborate the truth or falsity of much of what we study lies many life-times ahead (if you believe in reincarnation!) – when we have developed the internal capacities to corroborate through direct esoteric observation. This problem is especially acute when we study ‘truths’ related to our planet in a larger sense, our solar system, our local cosmos and the Universe as a whole and the inner aspects of these focal points. Thus, in the matter of what to believe we are dependent upon certain criteria:
- Trust in the source of the knowledge deemed to be true.
- Some degree of internal, esoteric experience which seems to be harmonious with that which is studied – even though that which is studied cannot as yet be directly confirmed.
- The intuitive confirmation of that which we study. If the true intuition is in play, this is the best manner of confirmation.
- Logic and the power of reason. By this means we notice harmonious relations between apparently related truths, or we notice discrepancies and deep contradictions which suggest that the ‘truths’ with which we are confronted and which contradict each other cannot all be really true.
- And of course the insidious persuaders related to ego satisfaction, and rarely acknowledged by the individual affected by them.
Let us deal with the issue of trust in the source of any teaching which purports to present the Truth. Over the centuries there have been a number of esoteric writings arising in connection with various mystics, alchemists, secret societies, etc. In general these have not been widely distributed. Then, in the latter part of the 19th Century all this changed. H. P. Blavatsky, responding to the intention of certain Masters of the Wisdom to bring the Esoteric Teaching (the Ageless Wisdom) closer to humanity’s consciousness, came forth with Isis Unveiled, The Secret Doctrine and a number of other esoteric writings. The depth and scope of her writings left little doubt that she was truly a messenger of the Great Ones—a brilliant woman on a ‘mission’ to bring the Ageless Wisdom before the consciousness of humanity in a truthful and reliable manner. She founded The Theosophical Society, the motto of which is quoted above: “There is no religion higher than Truth”.
Many writers followed in H.P.B.’s footsteps, but the works of Alice A. Bailey (working as an amanuensis for the Sage, Master Djwhal Khul, even as H.P.B. had been for Him a kind of amanuensis) – stand out for their extraordinary scope, depth and integrity. While there is no way for limited minds (such as we have) to incontrovertibly prove the truth value of these two sources of the Ancient Teaching, highly intelligent, sensitive and fair-minded people concur regarding their remarkable nature. There is considerable reason to trust what they present as esoterically reliable and a standard against which other presentations can be compared and evaluated.
This is the approach I am taking in presenting these thoughts on the search for reliable truth in esoteric writings. As a student of esotericism for over fifty years, I have come to trust the writings of H.P.B. and A.A.B. – with a Master of the Wisdom, Master Djwhal Khul, presumably behind them. Not all may agree with me, but I use these voluminous writings as a standard of comparison when attempting to determine the truth value of other writings in the esoteric field—so many of them obviously glamourous, filled with illusion, diluted or simply distortions of the truth.
Of course, I consult meditation, my inner experience, my intuition when it strikes, and utilize the faculty of reason (trusting that at times it is illumined). I use all these in addition to the trust I have in Master DK and both H.P.B. and A.A.B. – two of His amanuenses. Yes, I do believe in what for me seems reliable evidence that these two individuals were, indeed, functioning in the role of hierarchically sanctioned amanuenses for this particular Master of the Wisdom.
Some might say—“well you have made a leap of faith here and are jumping to conclusions”. I can only say that after years and years of meditation and study, to accept these two as amanuenses for Master DK seems to be intuitively reasonable. The works of these two amanuenses (plus, I must say in general, the works of Helena Roerich who produced the Agni Yoga series of books), serve as my standard of truth in the esoteric field. There are other excellent sources which intuitively and reasonably I deem to have high truth value, but the sources I have specifically mentioned hold for me the highest value.
Because it is impossible for the average aspirant or disciple to confirm the truth of much that is written in the esoteric field, many of them accept without sufficient discrimination the ‘truth’ of many writings which I consider inauthentic, spurious and even dangerously misleading. I suppose this cannot be helped. The average student of these subjects is not sufficiently discriminating, learned or sensitive to separate the wheat from the chaff. Master DK tells us that between 85% and 96% of so called inspired or channelled writings come from the well-trained subconscious mind of the author.
Channelers aspire to reach a higher source of truth than is commonly available and so they reach ‘up’ and ‘in’ for contact with such a source. However, they usually succeed in reaching only the content of that which they have thought or studied or heard. They do not reach the real Teaching and the high levels from which it emanates however much they think they do, and unfortunately they manage to persuade others, equally as gullible, that they have done so.
Of course, no one can tell another human being what is Truth. This must be intuitively determined by each himself or herself. However, what is understood to be a confirming intuition regarding matters of truth is rarely that at all. There are a number of far lesser sources (and even ill-intended sources) – which masquerade as the true intuition (and only the experienced student and meditator will be in a position—probably after having committed many errors in judgment and discrimination as I personally have—to tell the real intuition from the spurious ‘sources’ of intuition—one’s own desire nature or wishful thinking or lower ego needs, for instance). It is humbling to realize how incorrect, how misled we can be for how many years regarding the ability to discriminate truth from falsehood in the esoteric field.
During these latter days of the Era of the Forerunner—as this is being written, the last nine years before 2025—it is vitally important that aspirants, disciples and students of esotericism give all they have to the task of helping humanity make a correct transition into the Age of Aquarius. This is far from easy and the Forces of Materialism (the Counterforce) are once again on the attack—mostly against the quality of consciousness of those who could really help humanity make this transition successfully. We must make sure that our consciousness is as lighted and as filled with truthful thought as may be possible.
In undertaking this task, we must attempt to put all unsatisfied lower ego needs to the side. We must realize the insidious nature of the personality’s “will-to-believe”, because beliefs, once fastened upon by the insecure human consciousness, provide a certain assurance, a certain (often unearned) psychological security. We must realize that there are parts of our nature which are elemental and irrational and which work against our ability to use the “mind held steady in the light”—whether that light be the Light of the Soul or the greater Light of the Intuition (buddhi, we call it—the Light of Pure Reason).
Again, this is a humbling realization—that we may be deceiving ourselves in order to fulfill unconscious, unrealized lower ego needs; that we may be required to examine ourselves closely and objectively so that we can disabuse ourselves of lower motives and tendencies and get on with the task of discovering the Truth as it is.
In this little paper (and a few to follow), I am going to focus on some thoughts now circulating in the minds of many in the esoteric community—thoughts which I believe to be erroneous and misleading, and I will explain, as reasonably as I can (and using as my standard the works of H.P.B. and A.A.B.) why I consider these thoughts to be erroneous. At the same time I must emphatically state that I have great respect and even love for a number of those people who are promoting these thoughts. The ‘fact’ (established in my mind at least) that they are promoting teachings which are erroneous, misleading and even retarding for the well-intended aspirant or disciple, does not affect in the least the value I place upon them as spiritual workers and friends. All of us are subject to illusion—all of us—and that particular subjugation, according to Master DK, lasts until the ninth initiation!
However, I believe that we ascend by and through lessening degrees of illusion, and if any of us can point out the glamour or illusion resident within the thought of our co-workers, we are actually doing them a spiritual favor! And I am sure that many of them may and will return the compliment! 🙂
So, realizing the somewhat thankless task of that which I am undertaking, and the challenges I am likely to receive for having the temerity to do what I am about to do, I will list certain thoughts/doctrines which I believe to be erroneous or at best, incomplete, and I will offer my reasons, to be considered thoughtfully by those who wish to give attention to the discrepancies and contradictions which I will attempt to point out.
I must emphasize and re-emphasize that I do not approach this somewhat unpleasant task in the spirit of criticism, but rather in the spirit of analysis tending towards Truth, if I am fortunate enough to achieve my objective. The ideal result would be to induce a more thoughtful and impartial attitude of mind in a number of aspirants and even disciples who now, in my view, accept too easily and without sufficient lighted analysis, thoughts and doctrines which do not form a solid foundation for the one who would become a true esotericist and ultimately a Master of the Wisdom.
I hope that those who read what I have written will at least give thoughtful attention to the discrepancies which I will point out. Contradictions, even if they are only apparent contradictions must be resolved on the way to the Truth. I shall sometimes use a fairly abbreviated form to make my points. Please bear in mind that some of the points I am making could be significantly elaborated and the time may come when I shall have to do that.
Again I wish to emphasize that I have absolutely no desire to impugn the sincerity, the discipleship value or just plain kindness and goodness of any individuals who may be involved either receiving or promoting the kinds of teachings which I consider to be fallacious. Each of us as aspirants or disciples functions as best we can and according to the measure of our light, and each of us has areas of obscurity. My approach to all this is with as much impersonality as I can muster. I may fail, but my intention is to review the premises and their consequences and not address any directed thought to the individuals responsible for these various presentations of what they consider to be esoteric truth.
Before listing and discussing certain thoughts which I believe need close discriminative analysis and discernment before they are accepted, I wish to call to mind that our Spiritual Hierarchy, working under impression from the Great White Lodge on Sirius, is never allowed to compel the will of its aspirants, disciples and initiates. I try to align my motives with the hierarchical and Sirian impulse and therefore wish to say that I too, have no desire to force or compel the will of any student of the Ageless Wisdom. In my view every student of the Wisdom is completely free to believe or to disbelieve according to his or her inclination and understanding. What I do seek to do is offer a point of view and some reasonable evidence to support that point of view. How readers may respond to what I write is completely up to them, and that is the way it should be.
Doctrines or Notions Relating to Esotericism which I Consider Fallacious
(Assertion and Rebuttal)
1. The Assertion
he work of Master DK through A.A.B. is both dated and passé and has been superseded by certain more recently channelled writings which claim to be more revelatory of and relevant to the development of the disciple because they are “newer” – though in some significant cases, only by a few years! In one instance, a claim goes forth that these writings emanate from a very high Ashram which was formed in the later 1940’s. I presume that those who are not sufficiently careful in their thinking say much the same about the superseded value and relevance of The Secret Doctrine and other writings by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky (H.P.B.) who, like A.A.B., also served as an amanuensis for the Tibetan Teacher, Djwhal Khul.
Contrary Evidence and the Rebuttal
1. To me, it is clear that those individuals who say and write such things, have studied H.P.B. and A.A.B. very superficially, if at all.
2. A Treatise on Cosmic Fire, for instance, is said by Master DK to be the “psychological key to The Secret Doctrine”. Though Master DK tells us that A Treatise on Cosmic Fire will provide study material for students until 2025, we must realize that its contents will not be thoroughly understood for a long time, for it is a book to be understood only by initiates. The implications are obvious.
3. If the same rather weak argument is used—that The Secret Doctrine has also been superseded by the recent, popular channelled writings—we should simply read the book with care and come to understand, as A.A.B. understood, that within its covers is information which is offered by no other source.
4. I would also suggest that those who emphasize the dated, passé, nature of the Tibetan’s Books, should carefully read His Fourteen Rules for Disciples and Initiates (which focus on group initiation—a great theme of the Age of Aquarius). These are Rules for group work in the Aquarian Age, and some are of such depth, that they could only be fulfilled by initiate groups within an Ashram. Those who dismiss the Tibetan’s writings in the usual conventional and superficial manner are, in my view, lifetimes away from being able to understand and apply these Fourteen Advanced Rules.
5. Let the detractors also study with care the Fifteen Rules for White Magic and the Laws and Rules of Esoteric Healing. Let them study the Seven Laws of the Soul, the Seven Directions of the Law of Repulse, the Seven Techniques of Integration and the Three Techniques of Fusion. Let them study the technical aspects of the Building of the Antahkarana. Further let them venture into many aspects of the Old Commentary translated and presented by Master DK.
6. The superficial detractors are in no way capable of assimilating the material cited above much less applying it to their spiritual life on the Path. Conditioned by the love of novelty (plus greater ease and less stress upon the Path), they demonstrate their lack of suitability for deep esoteric study of the kind that Master DK has offered above—and I mention only some of His voluminous offering.
7. Clearly, the notion that one can now move beyond the study and application of what Master DK has offered is ridiculous and will be seen as such by all truly serious students of those Teachings of the Ageless Wisdom which have the Spiritual Hierarchy behind them, and who are not misled by the channelled product of some sincere, well-meaning but insufficiently discriminating disciple.
2. The Assertion
It has been stated that certain teachings are all that students of esotericism will need during the impending Age of Aquarius.
Contrary Evidence and the Rebuttal
1. What will these proponents of such teaching say when they consider that Master DK in 2025 and following, intends to offer the third installment of the Teaching which He began with H.P.B. and continued with A.A.B.?
2. “In the next century and early in the century an initiate will appear and will carry on this teaching. It will be under the same “impression,” for my task is not yet completed and this series of bridging treatises between the material knowledge of man and the science of the initiates has still another phase to run.” (R&I 255)
3. I realize that a number of so-called ‘initiates’ have eagerly appeared and each of them has assumed himself or herself to be ‘the one’ and even claimed to be so—however, one will know the true Teaching of DK by the note of Master DK and by its quality. Even His initial book in the 20th century (Initiation: Human and Solar) is written in such a way that only a Master of the Wisdom could write it. All imitators have fallen hopelessly short of even what this first book—written for the “general public”—contains! Let us be discriminating.
3. The Assertion
Over the past decades there have been those who have claimed to channel into writing or into the spoken word various Chohans, such as Masters M. and KH – and even the present Mahachohan—Master R.! Other Chohans have also been included.
Contrary Evidence and the Rebuttal
1. The Chohans have extreme responsibility at this time. The Christ is doing all He can to avert a “final war” (EXH 546) and the Chohans are helping Him with all their power. The “final war” is predicted, should it happen, to be a “religious war”. Can anyone doubt that the ingredients for such a war are even now forcefully and disturbingly present?
2. Do we really think that these Great Souls will take the time from Their vital activities to offer, yet again and in language far less arresting and impressive, teachings for the aspirant and disciple which are already voluminously presented in the Works of Master DK and Master Morya (when He actually was working with Mme. Helena Roerich)?
3. Do we think that the world crisis which commanded all Their attention in the 1930’s has now abated and allows them time to repeat what other Masters have given out in hierarchically sanctioned Teachings? Where would be the Law of Economy which They strictly observe?
4. From my perspective, the following statements from Master DK (EP I 108) still apply, the world situation being so serious that man could well destroy himself, which he could not at the time when the statements were given by DK:
“None of the Masters of the sixth initiation (such as the Masters M. and K. H.) are at this time working through dictation with Their disciples. They are too much engrossed with world problems, and with the work of watching over the destinies of the prominent world figures in the various nations, to have any opportunity to dictate teaching to any particular disciple in some small field of activity and upon subjects of which sufficient is already known to enable the disciple to go ahead alone and unaided.”
5. Master DK’s words here are just common sense, no matter how much a particular aspiring amanuensis for a Chohan believes that he or she is truly channeling the words of a Master who is also a Chohan. Even the quality of the material which comes though (though well-intended and perhaps useful to some in some instances) is far below the level of what H.P.B., A.A.B./DK and Master M.(through HR) have previously written. But of course, it takes real spiritual discernment to detect this, and so many disciples, even those who emphasize their inclusiveness and openness, lack this essential discernment.
6. While the usual channeler or amanuensis may be tuning in in the direction of a particular Ashram along some particular ray line (and I emphasize the word “may”), that is a very different thing from receiving direct dictation from a Chohan or even from a lesser Master like DK. The probabilities for such reception are very, very low, and the quality of what is received (though perhaps well expressed in the language being used—though not always well expressed) reinforces the low probability.
7. But if people wish to deceive themselves through their aspirational “will to believe” and through their suspension of a type of discrimination and discernment which should be part of the equipment of any cautious and responsible disciple, they must be free to do so, and learn later, the hard way, of their error.
4. The Assertion
Briefly and without extensive elaboration, it has been suggested in some recently channeled writings that the dense physical plane of planet Earth is soon to disappear or become “etheric” in nature.
While in these channelings there is some ambiguity or question about, a) whether all human beings will be transported to the etheric plane or, b) whether only some will be transported while others remain, or c) whether the entire dense physical plane will disappear into the ethers, the claims are radical and contradict in no uncertain terms the Teaching which Master DK conveyed through A.A.B..
As a corollary to such claims it is stated that the Externalization of the Hierarchy and the Reappearance of the Christ will occur only on the etheric plane and not on the dense physical plane as previously anticipated.
Contrary Evidence and the Rebuttal
1. This particular teaching/channeling is very serious in its implications and also spiritually dangerous as it may side-track or even stop the physical plane service activities of many disciples who, hitherto, had been working for the improvement and eventual redemption of the dense physical plane.
2. Further, the comparison between this line of teaching and the Christian “Rapture” cannot be avoided. The “Rapture” predicts the salvation of the 144,000 (a ridiculously low number) and a terrible fate for all those left behind. In the esoteric channelings in question, readers have been advised that a kind of “compression wave” will transport them to the etheric plane where their lives will continue in what I can only judge as ‘glorious’ circumstances. This teaching suggests an upward movement rather than the promised externalization and reappearance. Just the opposite in fact. It cannot be trusted.
3. Now a cosmological perspective. Whether or not the dense physical plane of any planetary scheme becomes etherealized has everything to do with the developmental rhythm of the Solar Logos which contains its planetary schemes as chakras or energy centers within its solar system. Given all that is discussed in A Treatise on Cosmic Fire about the initiatory development of our Solar Logos, there is nothing to suggest that any stage of dense-physical-etherealization is imminent or even possible at this time—even in one of His planets which have a dense physical dimension.
4. Our Solar Logos is a Cosmic Solar Initiate of the second degree. The third cosmic initiation is not yet His. Using the analogy from the life of the human being, it is only at the fourth degree that the dense physical plane disappears along with other aspects of the human energy system. The Solar Logos is nowhere near that point of development and the Logos of our planetary scheme, the Earth-scheme, being only a Cosmic Initiate of the first degree is even farther from such a development.
5. That some kind of etherealization of the dense physical levels of our system’s planetary schemes may one day occur, is certainly developmentally probable, but the process of the redemption of the inherited matter from the previous solar system (including especially, dense physical matter) is very far from complete—and that is one of the main projects of our Solar Logos in this particular incarnation of His. I would suggest that it is impossible for the dense physical levels of planet Earth to suddenly etherealize while the dense physical levels of the other planets remain, and such dense physical levels must remain until the solar logoic redemptive task re dense physical matter is complete.
6. Further, the entire system of globes of the Earth-chain would be suddenly disrupted. We are only in our fourth chain-round, and it will required, in all probability, three more rounds involving the dense physical matter of the Earth-globe before the achievement of the redemption of the Earth’s dense physical matter inherited from the previous solar system.
7. Even Venus, which has completed in five scheme rounds what it takes most other Planetary Logoi seven scheme rounds to complete, still has a dense physical envelope. Shall the Planetary Logos of our Earth (far less developed that the Logos of Venus), suddenly be done with its redemptive, gradual process of etherealizing its dense physical matter while the more advanced Logos of Venus, almost complete in its redemptive process, retains its dense physical matter? Before believing promptings which come at best, I would say, from the astral reflections of certain higher Entities, or simply from the subconscious nature of the aspiring amanuensis, let us use the scientific logic to be cultivated within occult mind (Uranus).
8. Kundalini is one of the major means of redeeming dense physical matter. Our Planetary Logos is designated as the base of the spine center of our Solar Logos. At the fifth initiation it is the base of the spine center (the center of will) which is activated and which is engaged in extensively purifying dense physical matter throughout the human system, for instance, but also, by analogy throughout the solar system—such is the function of our particular Planetary Logos. In short, our Planetary Logos will need its dense physical body to carry out this solar systemic function when it comes time for our Solar Logos to take its fifth initiation, if He succeeds in this solar system! He may only achieve the cosmic fourth degree.
9. But all such cosmological considerations do not even come to the mind of the usual aspiring amanuensis or channeler. The solar systemic impossibility (or extremely high improbability) of what is proposed is not considered.
10. Further, a very important issue is the sudden, proposed reformulation of the method by which the Reappearance of the Christ and Externalization of the Hierarchy will occur. The Tibetan Master, and certainly we must give Him some credit for foresight, has long written about the Externalization of the Hierarchy and Reappearance of the Christ on the dense physical plane of Earth.
Suddenly (as is the case with many novel, channeled presentations) we are asked to forget all that Master DK has written and give credence to the ‘new plan’—that the Externalization and Reappearance will occur only on the etheric plane and no lower!
11. This assertion is most serious and most misleading. It could have the possible effect of rendering the service work of many well-inclined disciples absolutely futile. Why work for improvement upon the dense physical plane if it is going to disappear and there is nothing we can do about it—as has been written?
12. This teaching/channeling runs precisely counter to all for which Master DK has carefully prepared us in His writings. It is always the method of those who propose the new (the unsubstantiated ‘new’) or it is the method of misleading entities influencing disciples from the astral plane, to say: “That was then; this is now.” I have seen it many, many times. It is always the same, sad, weak, spurious argument. But if enough disciples accept this rather ridiculous claim, the full power of Master DK’s intention to inspire effective serving disciples at a critical time in human and planetary history will be blunted or weakened.
13. It must be said that in tens of references, maybe more, Master DK speaks of the necessity for the Christ, the Lord Maitreya, to reappear on Earth, on the dense physical plane and not just to remain in etheric substance. Did Master DK know so little of the Divine Plan that it would so rapidly change in so radical a manner? Hardly likely. Perhaps I should offer a few quotations which emphasize the coming Externalization of the Hierarchy and Reappearance of the Christ on the dense physical plane of our Earth-globe.
5. The Assertion
These are a few references which indicate the intention of the Christ and His Hierarchy to appear on the dense material levels of the Earth-globe within Earth-chain.
Contrary Evidence and the Rebuttal
1. The following quotation indicates the intended dense material appearance of the Christ: EH 637-638 “The atomic substance through which the spirit of the earth expresses itself has in it ever the “seeds of return,” permitting a reabsorption. This substance is also composed of all grades and qualities of matter, from the very coarsest up to the very finest, as for instance the quality of the substance which makes the appearance of the Buddha or of the Christ possible. The Lord of the Earth, the planetary Logos, cannot find substance animated by the spirit of the earth of a quality and nature pure enough; He cannot, therefore, materialise or make an appearance, as can the Buddha or the Christ. Few of Those who form the Council Chamber at Shamballa can find the needed or adequate substance by means of which to appear; They cannot take a dense physical body, and have to be content with an etheric vehicle.
2. The following quotation speaks of the Christ’s nine year decision period which culminated in His decision to return to “visible Presence on Earth”: ROC 69: “Using, therefore, human terminology in order to interpret the divine reactions of the Christ and His disciples, it must be realised that the point of crisis which is responsible for hierarchical tension and for the eventual appearance or the emergence of the Christ, lies behind the Christ; it is in the field of long past experience. The consequent point of tension is now controlling the affairs of the spiritual Hierarchy and its many groups of workers. The “point of decision,” as it is called in all hierarchical circles, was reached during the period between the Full Moon of June, 1936, and the Full Moon of June, 1945. The point of decision covered, therefore, nine years (a relatively brief time); it resulted in the decision arrived at by the Christ to re-appear or return to visible Presence on Earth as soon as possible, and considerably earlier than had been planned.
3. The following quotation suggests that the physical reappearance of the Christ is necessary “under the divine will”: ROC 71:
“Under the divine will, He had to reappear on Earth in visible Presence. He had to preside over the materialisation of the Kingdom of God on Earth, and He had to re-institute the Mysteries of Initiation in such a form that they would prove the basis of the new world religion.”
Words like “visible Presence” and “materialisation” should not be misinterpreted to mean the etheric plane. This is not the meaning intended. The Presence of the Christ has already, and for a number of decades, descended to the etheric plane.
4. The following quotation demonstrates the gravity of Christ’s decision to return to the outer plane and how the Lord of the World responded to the correctness and sacrifice of the Christ’s decision: ROC 72-73:
“The motivation for this reappearance is complete and settled. It is clearly perceived by the Christ. The work initiated by Him two thousand years ago must be completed; the new world religion must be inaugurated; the needs of a demanding, invocative humanity cannot be ignored; those steps which precede a stupendous hierarchical initiation in which the Christ is the leading Participant must be taken; the events which are symptomatic of the “time of the end” may not be delayed.
If one may venture to speak in such terms (reverent and symbolical), the reward accorded to the Christ, as He announced His decision as final and irrevocable, was the permission or rather the right to use a certain great Invocation—never before granted— …”
Is it to be presumed that the reason for such a momentous event as the release of the Great Invocation by Sanat Kumara is suddenly to be reversed, with the Christ suddenly not appearing on the dense physical plane after that Reappearance had been so resoundingly acknowledged by Sanat Kumara?!
5. Note the following regarding the solemnity of Sanat Kumara’s response to the Christ’s intended sacrifice during the Age of Aquarius: Reappearance of the Christ: 73
“The right to use certain great Words of Power or “Stanzas of Direction” is never lightly accorded. The decision of Christ to appear again among men, bringing His disciples with Him, drew forth this permission from the Lord of the World, the Ancient of Days.”
6. Regarding the following quotation, no ambiguity is possible: ROC 121:
“These facts have been widely given out, during the past two years, as the result of the cleansing of the Earth through the medium of the world war (1914-1945) and through the suffering to which humanity has been subjected (with an equally potent purifying effect, which will demonstrate later).
It will then be possible for the Hierarchy, the Church of Christ hitherto invisible, to externalise itself and to function openly upon the physical plane. This will indicate a return to the situation which existed in Atlantean days when (to use Biblical symbology, Genesis Chaps. 2 and 3) God Himself walked among men; He talked with them and there was no barrier between the Kingdom of men and the Kingdom of God.
Divinity was then present in physical form and the Members of the spiritual Hierarchy were openly guiding and directing the affairs of humanity as far as man’s innate freedom permitted. Now, in the immediate future, and on a higher turn of the spiral of life, this will again happen.
The Masters will walk openly among men; the Christ will reappear in physical Presence. Another thing that will happen will be that the ancient Mysteries will be restored, the ancient landmarks will again be recognised—those landmarks which Masonry has so earnestly preserved and which have been hitherto securely embalmed in the Masonic rituals, waiting the day of restoration and of resurrection.”
7. Regarding the following the difference between the substantial etheric level and the material level of matter is clearly enunciated: EXH 689:
“2. From the Black Lodge which is the externalisation of the centre of cosmic evil on Earth. Just as the White Lodge is the representative or correspondence of the cosmic centre of light upon Sirius (the true Great White Lodge), so the Black Lodge is also representative of ancient and cosmic evil. The Black Lodge is also far more advanced in externalisation than is the White Lodge, because materialism and matter are, for it, the line of least resistance.
The Black Lodge is therefore far more firmly anchored upon the physical plane than is the Hierarchy. It requires a much greater effort for the White Lodge to “clothe itself in matter and work and walk on material levels” than for the Black Lodge.
Owing, however, to the spiritual growth of mankind and to the steady, even if slow, orientation of mankind to the spiritual Hierarchy, the time has come when the Hierarchy can materialise and meet the enemy of good upon an even footing; the Hierarchy need not be further handicapped by working in substance whilst the Forces of Evil work both in substance and in matter.
Once the reappearance of the Christ and of the Hierarchy is an accomplished fact, these Forces of Evil face sure defeat. The reason for this is that the trend of human living and thought is turning steadily towards the subjective spiritual values, even if these values are interpreted in terms of material well-being at present and of better living conditions for all—with peace and security also for all. The Black Lodge or the planetary centre of evil works almost entirely upon the astral plane, and is impressed directly and guided in detail from the cosmic astral plane.”
There are quite a number of other references of this kind, which leave no doubt that it is the Will of Sanat Kumara and Shamballa, the Will of the Christ and His Hierarchy and the Will of certain Ashrams definitely to emerge upon the dense physical plane and not be confined to the substantial, etheric plane. Any channeling or teaching which runs counter to the Teaching on the Divine Will (as regards this most vital and important Planetary Event) is less than helpful.
In fact, such channelings/teachings are misleading and retarding and serve to frustrate the intentions of the Christ and Those Who support Him, while making the obstructive efforts of the Black Lodge easier of accomplishment because of the weakening of disciples who should otherwise be very strong at this critical time. I do not think any rational student of esotericism would want to be caught aligning with such thoughts which can be so easily turned to the obstruction of the Will of Sanat Kumara and our Planetary Logos.
Dear Readers—this is the end of Part I of my attempt to examine certain emerging channelings/teachings which for various reasons I consider fallacious, misleading and even dangerous to the spiritual progress and welfare of disciples and of our planet. True initiates will not be misled, but, unfortunately, many aspirants and disciples do not have the discrimination and discernment to avoid confusion and the side-tracking of their previously valuable service efforts on behalf of humanity and Hierarchy.
It is my intention to continue listing various thoughts asserted as esoteric truth and, without impugning the motives of those who have produced and distributed them, call the attention of the reader to the need for caution in accepting these writings as true. Those who carefully examine the evidence and the careful logic which can be applied to such assertions may see the need to abandon such assertions or at least to reserve judgment until more evidence appears.
I do not wish to rain on anyone’s parade. I am not in the business of destroying altars, “temples” and Spiritual Paths and realize that a sincere study of even those teachings which contain a number of erroneous doctrines can be beneficial to the student—especially since those teachings do contain some measure of disciplically-generated truth related to the Ageless Wisdom.
I simply want to awaken the illumined mind in a greater number of aspirants and disciples so they will realize in greater depth the reasons why they are accepting certain teachings without sufficient illumined analysis—so that they will realize that there are perhaps good reasons why they should be more discriminating before accepting teachings which satisfy something within them but which may be fundamentally untrue, or at least not true to the extent believed.
My goal is to be one of those who attempts to safeguard the invaluable Teaching we have been given by Master DK and in other instances, by Master M. Other Masters, too, have made a contribution in various ways. The point is to differentiate between the Real Esoteric Teachings of Hierarchy, and those which simply claim to be, based upon access to the channeler’s subconscious mind or, far worse, upon receptivity to some astrally focused entity working to mislead and confuse disciples, and thus diminish their intended service to humanity.
I am open to discussing these matters in the spirit of Inquiry into Truth. I am not criticizing specific people. From bitter experience, I well know that criticism is a “dire creator of misery” as Master DK has informed us. Rather, as one of my main motives, I am attempting to analyze the truth value of certain emerging thoughts (and possible doctrines) which can harm the focused efforts of those truly working for the Externalization of the Hierarchy and the Reappearance of the Christ on the dense physical plane of this Earth.
Light, Love and Power,
President: Seven Ray Institute, University of the Seven Rays
Director: Morya Federation
Among the several channeled sources of averred ‘truth’ which I believe should be analyzed closely for truth-value, it is claimed that our world, the Earth is destined for its Transfiguration in the relatively near future—no specification of dates is given, but the implication is that this “Day of Revelation” is, relatively, not all that far off and that we human beings may strive towards it, perhaps to participate in it.
In contrast to the assertion of this particular ‘opinion’ (truly, I can consider it nothing more), I would recommend the reading of the Tibetan’s book, A Treatise on Cosmic Fire. This is clearly an outstanding book of reliable, scientific occultism.
That great book tells us that the “goal” of our Planetary Logos is not the Third Cosmic Initiation at all (the Cosmic Transfiguration), but the second. While a relatively minor chain initiation (though intensive for our globe) is now being undergone (cf. TCF 384), it is a kind of fourth initiation and not a third. I conclude that there is no foundation to the assertion that for our Planetary Logos the Transfiguration or Third Cosmic Initiation is in any respect imminent.
From my perspective, it is wishful thinking which contradicts that which is clearly given in a book which DK said was written for “initiates”—thus eluding our full understanding in many respects, but not, I think, in this one. Even our Planetary Logos’ Second Cosmic Initiation may not occur until the “Judgment Day”, which is given by DK as occurring in the next round. If we are dealing with a chain-round, then we are many, many millions of years from that event for we are only half way through the fourth chain-round. If we are dealing with the scheme-round, the event which is spoken of, the “Judgment Day”, is even more remote in time..
According to Master DK, it is only at the “Judgment Day”, when two-fifths of humanity has been transferred to a subtle internal ‘location’ and probably, thence, to Mars (the “sheep—Aries/Mars and the goats—Capricorn)” that the remaining three-fifths of the human race on Earth will be on the Spiritual Path, but even then, the great majority will not be pursuing an imminent human transfiguration and neither will our Planetary Logos, though He will be much closer to it than He is now.
What I wish to say is that much is claimed about the relatively imminent Transfiguration. It is not imminent for our globe or Planetary Logos, and it is certainly not imminent for humanity as a whole. Maybe during the Age of Capricorn (a sign which focally rules the third initiation) a greater number of human beings will experience the human transfiguration (but surely not the majority); it simply stands to reason that, given what Master DK has said about the initiatory progress of our Planetary Logos, such an initiatory event lies far, far in the future. It is therefore a fanciful exaggeration to speak of or hint at its imminence.
Other information is given concerning the relation of our Solar Logos to the “Seven Solar Systems of Which Ours is One”. It is easy to speak vaguely about these systems, but difficult to say much about them with any degree of accuracy. These solar systems are the vehicle of a Cosmic Logos (cf. A Treatise on Cosmic Fire, page 293). So much is left unanswered, which if answered would inspire greater confidence in the assertion of the channeler:
- Which are the stars, single or binary, which comprise the seven solar systems;
- Of what nature is this Cosmic Logos of these seven systems; it this Being a kind of “One About Whom Naught May Be Said” of a nature less vast than the “One About Whom Naught May Be Said” Who is often mentioned; what chakra in our local “One About Whom Naught May Be Said” does this local Cosmic Logos occupy?;
- What really is the Central Spiritual Sun?; are there many Central Spiritual Suns or only one?; name them and avoid the vagueness which masks ignorance.
- Of what nature is the alignment of our Solar Logos (Who is not yet even a Cosmic Initiate of the third degree) to the Cosmic Lord of the “Seven Solar Systems of Which Ours is One”?;
- On what reliable basis is it asserted that a special alignment of our Solar Logos is now occurring with the Lord of our local Cosmic Logos? (Is one simply to believe such an assertion when the planets in our own solar system are very far from initiatorily aligned even with each other, let alone our Solar Logos?)
- Are we to believe that a Cosmic Logos (at which Master DK only hints because it is beyond the scope of even Masters to know very much about It, is completing this type of alignment with our Solar Logos? Think of the human chakra system—at what point in the human being’s development is there a perfected alignment of the human chakra system either with the crown center or with the Spiritual Triad/Monad? Rather late in the developmental day I would suggest—let us say the fourth degree, at which point the personality and causal body disappear, or even later in a triadally generated mayavirupa. Now, our Solar Logos is only a Cosmic Initiate of the second degree and hasn’t even gotten His own chakras in perfected order; and we dare to imagine that we can say anything accurate about the chakras of a Cosmic Logos, the stellar chakras of which most students would have trouble naming!? All these assertions claim too much and are probably beyond the ken even of Masters of the Wisdom who are not yet even Solar Masters; believe these assertions if you have a great “will to believe”—or, carefully study the probabilities of the truth-value of these assertions which, I suggest, are small.
- What is the “Heart of the Galaxy”? Is it not realized that our little solar system, even the “Seven Solar Systems of Which Ours is One”, are extremely minor in the galactic arrangement and that contact with what we might call the “Galactic Logos” is beyond the ken of our Solar Logos and even of Beings much greater than He such as “Ones About Whom Naught May Be Said” and Cosmic Parabrahamans (cf. A Treatise on Cosmic Fire 344). It is suggested by DK that to such Great Beings our Solar Logos is as a “crystal”. This puts things in proportion, which is sadly lacking is channelings which purport to speak with accuracy about happenings within our Milky Way Galaxy.
We human beings cannot even master our glamours and are our minds are fraught with illusion. Can we not keep our speculations in proportion and refrain from asserting them as cosmic esoteric truth? Or do you believe we should thus assert? Let all believe what they wish, but hopefully they will have a really good reason for doing so—not just because someone they believe in said so.
There are answers to some of these questions (though not to all)—there are reasoned answers—and they can be approached in the spirit of scientific occultism. But until they are thus approached, we are dealing with nothing but ungrounded and fanciful exaggerations which contradict one of the most trusted sources in esotericism—A Treatise on Cosmic Fire.
I can only conclude that one must be gullible or excessively eager for spiritual exaltation if one simply accepts such assertions without deep analysis of their rather low probable truth-value.
Please, students of esotericism, think things through and thus come closer to pure reason. Even the use of the relatively illumined reason of the mind will be better than simply swallowing these assertions whole.
Light, Love and Power,
President: Seven ray Institute, University of the Seven rays
Director: Morya Federation.
Dear Friends of Humanity and the Ageless Wisdom,
In this shorter letter, I would like to establish a few principles which should be used to guide the dialogue which may arise in connection with our project of searching for Truth in Esotericism. A few of my points have probably been mentioned in my first letter.
- Preservation of goodwill and a general brotherhood/sisterhood under the guidance of hierarchical objectives is important during this examination of ‘why we believe what we believe’.
- We must realize that to question a belief or an assumption (even if closely held) is not the same as questioning the good intent of its author or proponent. The great majority of these authors/proponents do indeed aspire to work for human welfare and the welfare of this planet.
- If we want to “grow up” spiritually, we shall have to get used to having our assumptions and acceptances analyzed and questioned. (We must not take such a process This is part of our discipleship training.) To this end, the training developed in Tibetan Debate is useful. The disciple must be able to have good and sound reasons for believing what he or she believes and to defend belief with logic and intelligent reference to the Law of Analogy, or in a more detailed manner, to the Law of Correspondences. The fellow disciple who exposes a flaw in the argument of his spiritual brother or sister is actually doing that brother or sister a spiritual favor in relation to the general theme of Truth to which all disciples must at length learn to adhere.
- It takes spiritual maturity, however, to retain equanimity while one’s assumptions, acceptances and cherished notions are questioned. How many of us have this equanimity?
- We live in a period anticipated since the time Shamballa and Hierarchy were founded upon our globe some eighteen and a half million years ago. The first part of this present period is preparatory to two great planetary events: the Externalization of the Hierarchy and the Reappearance of the Christ (on the physical plane, may I add!—as I am convinced of this) which, according to the Tibetan Master, coincides with the First Initiation of Humanity. He has said that when the Christ reappears in physical presence it will be the indication that humanity has taken the first initiation.
- Once these events occur, the Counterforce or so-called Black Lodge (the Lords of Form) will inevitably be rendered powerless to stop the type of progress possible for humanity (that progress truly beginning in the Age of Aquarius—the next approximately 2500 years and continuing in the Greater Age of Aquarius (the imminent Great Platonic year lasting between 25,000 and 26,000 years also imminent.) It is anticipated that the greater Age of Aquarius will begin soon enough to overlap the lesser equinoctial Age.
- The actualized Externalization and Reappearance will be a big defeat for these Forces of Obstruction.
- They, therefore, want to delay the Externalization and Reappearance or prevent it altogether.
- One of the best ways they can do this is to render aspirants, disciples and, in general, workers for the Christ, ineffective or futile. One of their methods to accomplish this general weakening of those who work for the Externalization and Reappearance, is throwing a net of glamor, confusion and illusion over the consciousness and energy systems of the intended workers. This is done through the subtle spreading of teachings or doctrines which distract the attention of the workers with either secondary or tertiary matters or with unrealities altogether.
- Because the consciousness of aspirants and disciples is not as highly developed as they may imagine it to be, they are easy to manipulate, delude and destroy. I use these powerful words because the workers who represent the Black Lodge of the dense physical plane are called Destroyers of Souls, Deluders of Souls and Manipulators of Souls—functioning on the first three rays. I am sure there must be other classifications for the different rays, but these are the ones given by the Tibetan Master.
- Bear in mind that no true black magician can work upon the dense physical plane, but their representatives can. The six leaders in the East and the six in the West work upon the astral plane and their dwelling is known as “marakara”—not “Makara”, but very close.
- Because most aspirants and disciples have not learned to detach their emotional body from their beliefs, they will often fight those who ask them to question those beliefs. This, of course, can lead to turmoil in the esoteric field—though, hopefully, as reason begins to condition the minds of those who battle, the turmoil will be temporary.
- As disciples of the Great Ones, we must make sure that we are not deluded and misled. I am concentrating on the second ray method of rendering the work of disciples weak, ineffective and eventually futile as regards the objectives Spiritual Hierarchy of our planet and the Divine Plan for this time in planetary history. I am concentrating upon the oppositional work of the Deluders of Souls. These beings work upon the astral plane and often masquerade as the true Great Ones working on mental levels and above. The Deluders of Souls delude, confuse and mislead many well-intended aspirants to greater contact with the true Spiritual Forces. Sad but true, and many are misled, yet go forward in “full confidence” regarding their hierarchical contacts.
- I have assumed that the great works of the Tibetan Master through H.P.B. and A.A.B. and many of those works of Master M. (either dictated to or impressed upon H. R.) set a unimpeachable standard for comparison. I know that others would like me to include more contemporary writers who say they are under the impression of Hierarchy, but these are the very writers who have offered statements which I believe should be put to the test. They may be correct and useful statements or they may be untrue, distorting and misleading. If the latter, the readers and followers will be led astray and their time will be wasted. In His books, Master M. has told us that wasting one’s own time is equivalent to suicide; wasting the time of another is equivalent to murder.
- I do not wish to be misunderstood. I am not saying that there is no good or no reasonable guidance in a number of these more recent writings wrongly purporting to come from Hierarchy. The writers/receivers are very often disciples and what they say (even if it comes from their own subconscious, or from the repository of what they have learned through meditation, study and service) is often reasonable and good. However, Mme. Roerich has said the following in one of her letters and it is much to be pondered:
“Letters Of Helena Roerich I, 30 June 1934. “The errors in books are equal to a grievous crime. Falsehood in books must be prosecuted as a grave calumny. The falsehood of an orator is prosecuted according to the number of his listeners. The falsehood of an author should be prosecuted according to the number of copies sold of his book. To fill the people’s libraries with falsehood is a grave offense… Indeed, one should not impede new views and structures; but incorrect data must not bring one into error because knowledge is the armor of the community and the defense of knowledge is the duty of all the members.”
- Therefore, during this last nine year cycle in the Era of the Forerunner, which precedes the Great Hierarchical Conclave which we await, we must examine the contents of our minds and of our belief systems. I do this frequently to see if I might be in the grip of some glamour or illusion. Sometimes the results are not pleasant to behold, but I consider them necessary.
- The Master DK works upon the plane of mind. He does not work with kama-manas in which glamours abound. He knows that in working with the soul and mind focally He necessarily limits the number of students he can reach. I will only say that if disciples hope one day to take the third initiation, they must pass through the “Temptations in the Desert” which lie between the second and third degrees and at which time mental polarisation can and must be achieved. The egoic body lies upon two of the subplanes of higher mind, and the Soul is the “Thinker”.
- I therefore summon us to think with the lower mind held steady in the light of the soul, and possibly in the light of that which the antahkarana can reveal as it touches the spiritual triad.
- This will bring a vital clarification to the mental field in which true disciples should be working as they attempt to reach the intelligentsia of humanity—this being one of their major tasks designated by Master DK. This clarification of the mental field will also prevent them from falling into preventable glamours and illusions which they are unwittingly prone to do.
- We must remember an uncomfortable statement by the Tibetan: “Occult bodies and esoteric groups are, at this time, the most glamoured of any of the world groups;…’ (EXH 571)
- We must not suppose that because an impression is impressive that it is necessarily from the Hierarchy. Some of Master DK’s students in the New Seed Group Experiment were sadly misled (three of them I believe) and they caused themselves much etheric and astral damage as they followed the indications of a thoughtform of Master DK from which He has definitely disassociated Himself.
- When we contact an astral thoughtform of any Master, it can seem very real, because the students and devotees of that Master have spent a long time building it! But reality is not in the seeming, and so we must test our impressions in other ways.
- One of the best ways to test supposed truth emanating from any supposed Master is to submit it to the rigors of the Law of Correspondences. I tried to do this concerning the purported disappearance of the dense physical plane of Earth which is suggested in certain channelings. I tried to show that according to the Law of Analogy comparing the energy system of the human being, the planet and the Solar Logos, such a disappearance could be judged as highly
- I did the same regarding speculative assertions concerning the “Seven Solar Systems of Which Ours is One” and their relation to our Solar Logos and its solar system. As if even a Master knows such relations to any significant degree!
- There are many suspect assertions claiming to be esoteric truth which, if the mental field is to be clarified, must be put to the test of the Law of Analogy and, even more rigorously, to the Law of Correspondences. Few people have the patience or even the learning to do this, and their astral bodies rebel against the process because emotional attachments to doctrines might be grievously challenged. Further, the lower ego which they continue to build in a manner illegitimate, might take a fatal blow.Naturally, they recoil from these possibilities. But we are not taking about that which is natural in the precise sense of the word. We are talking about spiritual occultism and the Laws of the Soul—and many other Laws which must be obeyed. So I suggest that we all “grow up” in these matters and be willing to use the illumined mind to search out the possible errors or flaws in our belief systems. We will thus walk more firmly on the way to clearing the psychic and mental fields of glamour and illusion—necessary, would you not say so?
- I am a convinced advocate of Right Human Relations, but these relations cannot be right if they are based upon maya, glamour and illusion. It is time for us to deal with the very first relinquishment which is demanded in the prologue to Rule XI of the Rules for Disciples and Initiates in The Rays and the Initiations—the relinquishment of sentimentality in group interaction. Please read those four necessary relinquishments beginning on page 215. To do so with understanding is sobering and chastening.
- That’s all I have to say for the moment. We have embarked upon a testing process using among other rays, the fifth ray. We are examining closely a number of claims made by authors who claim to be speaking for the Spiritual Hierarchy of our planet. Are they really? Perhaps. Perhaps not. One must examine the evidence impartially, and utilize the lighted reason and if possible, “pure reason”, which is the detailed confirmation supplied by the intuition and emanating from the buddhic plane. Are we capable of doing this? We shall find out in the attempt.
- This type of examination will require an objective and impartial approach. It cannot be achieved if we defend our cherished doctrines in an instinctual manner as if our very life were under threat. But if truth be told, in many cases the lower ego is under threat and it will fight to the death to preserve its prerogatives.
- Perhaps, if we are spiritually mature enough, we can succeed, and thereby be rid of mayas, glamours and illusions which would otherwise impede our way to the spiritual usefulness to humanity and to the Great Ones which, I assume, we all desire.
Light, Love and Power,
- Synthesis is not a collection of items within a ring-pass-not.
- Synthesis is not even a relationship between collected items per se. The harmonious, mutually supportive relationship between collected items we call unity and it is an achievement of the exercise of the second aspect of Divinity
- Synthesis is the Fact of the origin of all contents of consciousness ‘in-Universe’ (hypothesizing that everything ‘in-Universe’ is a content of consciousness of the Universal Logos) from One Universal Source (i.e., the Universal Logos)—and still more ESSENTIALLY from ONE SUPRA-UNIVERSAL SOURCE—the ABSOLUTE.
- The registration of Synthesis (let us call it the “Identificatory Consciousness of Synthesis”) demands the ability to identify all contents of consciousness as utterly the same, no matter how differentiated they appear in this ‘Mahamayavic’ world of apparent differentiation.
- The registration in consciousness of Synthesis demands the ability to Identify-as-Being, and to realize that all apparent differentiation has emanatively emerged out of one’s True Universal Self (the Universal Logos). In other words, each one of us is essentially the Universal Being from which all things (i.e., all contents of consciousness) have emanatively emerged.
- The one who registers the Synthesis which Is, perceives all things to be not only of the Same Being, but as the Same Being. In the Six Trumpeted Statements (DINA II 285) we find the words “Being descends to manifest.” This means that Our True Identity has descended to manifest and has become, through the emanative process, all ‘perceivables’ in-Universe.
- The one who lives in a state of Synthetic Realization knows that no content of consciousness can escape from being the Self he or she essentially
- The Yoga of Synthesis is the process of fusing all perceivables into a state of Inviolable Oneness. The practitioner of the Yoga of Synthesis knows that his or her True Identity (‘in-Universe’) is exactly this State of Inviolable Oneness from which all contents of consciousness or perceivables have arisen.
- The Synthetically Perceiving Identifying One is on terms of extreme intimacy with all contents of consciousness—even far beyond intimacy—infinitely (and I try to use the word with precision) beyond. To be another is the absolute apex of intimacy. It is infinitely beyond merging and It is ontological superimposition.
- The Self-realized practitioner of the Yoga of Synthesis realizes that no content of consciousness occurs outside the Self, that no content of consciousness can possibly escape being the Self—the Universal Self.
- The practitioner of the Yoga of Synthesis dwells in a state of being/consciousness which I will call ‘the Samifying of all Diversity’. That sameness is the Universal Self alone, and the practitioner knows the identicality-in-sameness of his or her Self with that Universal Self.
- All this is a long way ahead of our usual disciplic realizations regarding the Nature of Synthesis, but these realizations loom ahead as we begin to undertake the Curriculum of Being.
- The Curriculum of Being only begins when we are having some success in building the antahkarana to the Monad.
- Synthesis is of the Monad and requires monadic awareness to appreciate with any accuracy that that is only the beginning of the ever-deepening realizations of the Nature of Synthesis.
- The Yoga of Synthesis is essentially and ultimately, the Yoga of the Monad and can only be fully (relatively fully) appreciated in the Chohanic State.
This is enough for now. It presents a foundation for my view on Synthesis and the Yoga of Synthesis. I will share related thoughts at another time.
Light, Love and Power,
Dear Students of Esotericism,
I would like to recommend that we pay renewed, rigorous attention to the Law of Analogy and, in a still more exacting manner, to the Law of Correspondences. Archetypal patterns of relationship which exist upon higher planes (let us for the moment, confine our attention to the cosmic physical plane) are repeated with lessening degrees of exactitude as we descend through the cosmic subplanes and also through the systemic subplanes. These two laws—of Analogy and Correspondence—reveal profound organizational principles on our planet, in our solar system, in our local cosmos, and by inference, far beyond.
In A Treatise on Cosmic Fire, the Tibetan Teacher offers revelatory analogies between four orders of B/beings—the atomic, the human, the planetary logoic and the solar logoic (additionally hinting, occasionally, at organizing principles involving Beings Who Life embraces our local cosmosphere). By analogically and correspondentially studying and comparing these various levels, we can, as it were, “fill in the blanks”, or solve for missing data. Though many of the details will be missing from our solution, we can at least determine a basic relational-structure which pertains to the different levels of “atoms”—for this is what Master DK calls the units with which we are dealing—not only is the tiny atom of matter an “atom”, but we must consider the human atom, the planetary logoic atom, , the solar logoic atom and the atom which comprises our local cosmos—i.e., the structural composition of our local Cosmic Logos and finally the structural composition of the “One About Whom Naught May Be Said”.
Working in this way can be mentally demanding but it will, at length, call into expression the true intuition, the buddhic faculty, which is so rarely access and which is so much in need of access. We do not need, therefore, to rely upon emotional intensity in the summoning of intuition (the so-called ‘astral-buddhic leap’; the use of the higher mind and abstract mind can bridge towards the intuition and access it reliably.
When we discuss Truth in Esotericism, and challenge the assumptions or assertions which some of us may simply believe because they are written by someone that we trust has access to Hierarchy, the Laws of Analogy and Correspondence offer us a method of seeing truth for ourselves. The method can be demanding, even rigorous, but the results are well worth the mental effort. So often, discussions between those who espouse various supposedly esoteric points of view are tainted with emotion, kama-manas, or simply with undetected egoism. Using these two Laws in a well-reasoned and thoroughgoing manner can prevent indulgence in these unsuitable and unhelpful energies—unsuitable and unhelpful in relation to the exacting task at hand.
For instance, in some recent writings, I used the Laws of Analogy and Correspondence to attempt to demonstrate certain things:
- That given the initiatory development of our Planetary Logos and His Earth-globe of His Earth-chain, it was entirely too early to speak with anything resembling accuracy about the claim that the etherealization of the dense physical body of our Earth-globe is impending—as early as the occurrence of the two events known as the Externalization of the Hierarchy and the Reappearance of the Christ. The human atom was compared with the planetary logoic atom, and the initiatory level of the human being when such etherealization or disappearance could occur in relation to the human dense physical body was compared with the present initiatory level of our Planetary Logos as given by Master DK in A Treatise on Cosmic Fire, one of the references being found on page 384 of that book. The assertion of the impending etherealization was found wanting when the Law of Correspondences was applied to it.
- Another series of writings speaks of the impending transfiguration of both humanity and our planet and its Planetary Logos. This is simply a flat contradiction to all that Master DK has written about these matters and written in a well-reasoned manner.
- That same series of writings (much inflated, in my view) speaks fancifully and vaguely about a completed alignment between our Solar Logos and the “Seven Solar Systems of Which Ours is One”, presumably and necessarily with the Cosmic Logos of those seven systems. All details are left away and one is simply asked to believe assertions about some nearly completed alignment of our Solar Logos with a Cosmic-Logos. But under the Law of Correspondences, the chakras of our solar system would also have to be well-aligned for such a greater alignment to occur (and these chakras—our Planetary Logoi and their planetary expressions) are not. Further for anything like a “completed” alignment with its superior Cosmic Logos, our Solar Logos, only a Cosmic Initiate of the second degree, would have to be much further advanced than It presently is. So again, under the Law of Correspondences, the sweeping assertion (attractive as it may be to some who will not think the matter through) simply fails.
- In another esoteric assertion it is said that an extra-planetary Avatar Who presently is overshadowing our Planetary Logos (and Who only recently began this overshadowing) is said to contribute to the acceptance of seven very human individuals as representatives of His Energy, when I am sure that even our Planetary Logos is trying to understand the nature and origin of this Avatar.
For a better sense of proportion, please try to fathom the following quotation: “The Avatar of Synthesis, Who is working in cooperation with the Christ, is one of Them. Bear in mind that “these extra-planetary Avatars have not arrived at Their high state of spiritual unfoldment on our planet or even in our solar system. Their origin, source and spiritual relationships are a great mystery even to the planetary Logoi—to Whose help They go when the invocative appeal of any planet is adequate. (R&I 734)
Now it is asserted that this Avatar of Synthesis is said to be part of a “council” which approves the selection of these seven very human representatives, when DK tells us clearly that this Avatar can only work through large human groupings such as the General Assembly of the United Nations, unless with very high Initiates such as the Christ, and that even our Planetary Logos fails to understand the full nature and origin of such Avatars. Now think of the proportion: long before these seven of His representatives-to-be are even “chelas on the thread”, and long before He even linked up with our Planetary Logos to assist that Logos, He (the Avatar of Synthesis) is said to have been involved in choosing these all-too-human representatives of the Great Synthesis which He represents, and which, from my point of view, is probably more readily understood by the Lord of the Constellation Aquarius than by any human being “on the thread” who is not even a “chela in the aura” of a particular Master.
When the necessary comparisons are studied, do we not see that lack of proportion in such an assertion? To me it seems obvious, but let each determine what he or she will believe!
Now people can always believe what they want to believe, but if they do not test esoteric assertions using the two Laws which Master DK suggested we use, the veriest nonsense will be asserted and believed by the gullible. It is never pleasant to repudiate within oneself what one has previously held as an incontrovertible truth, but sometimes, for the sake of Greater Truth, it is necessary.
Again, the reasoning I offer here has nothing to do with my love and respect for many people who follow (though I think without sufficient thorough-going logic) various esoteric assertions and teachings. We are all brothers and sisters and we are all on our way to greater revelation and usefulness. But I think it is wise to use the reasoning mind as a method of invoking the pure reason of the intuition, so that we may detect errors in our orientation before they lead us sadly astray and waste our precious time in an era when the very survival of humanity as we know it is challenged!
Light, Love and Power,
(See a response and further dialogue to part V here.)